2/26/2008

bump in the road.

There's a scene in the movie Bruce Almighty, in which Jim Carrey's character yells at God... asking "Is that all you got, God?" I think that line is somewhere in the film after Carrey's character has lost his job, his woman, and crashed his car... and is getting drenched in a thunderstorm....that's how I feel today... I feel like yelling at God and asking him what else he can give me... But I am not sure I want to know what else is possible... at least in the bad side of things...

Mom was hospitalized early this morning. She was throwing up in the night and was feeling a lot of pain. Apparently the pressure of the kidney is causing her kidney to not work and it is unable to filter like it is supposed to, leading to toxins causing infection after infection... As a result, mom's surgery date has been moved up... she will have surgery a week from tomorrow... I talked with dad a few times today and he was having a hard time... as expected. I know this is hard on him and even harder that he knows that we know how hard this is for him... So today was a day of much stress and many tears. I worried about my mom.. how she was feeling... what she was thinking and worrying about... and also about the fact that she had been admitted to the same hospital in which my grandmother died... that was the last time we were at that hospital, was when we were saying good bye to Gramie... apparently dad was having similar thoughts, making sure that Mom's room was not in the same part of the hospital where Gramie had been.

We aren't sure how long mom will be in the hospital...but if things improve she could get home in a couple days...

I am trying to figure out all of the details of getting up there... and need to call and make some hotel reservations. I am glad that the surgery is sooner, though I am upset about the discomfort mom is feeling.

So God... if you are listening... don't give us any more bad news... we are trying to work through this....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place