2/13/2008

Snow day...

We got the storm that had been predicted...snow... freezing rain... rain... we got it all...including another day to make up at the end of the school year.

I did not sleep well last night. My knee kept me awake. This is not good. I got up a few times in the night and had ahard time walking because of thestiffness and pain in my knee... of course that causes fear... wondering why the pain now? Yes I did go a bit further on the elliptical... but not significantly... though my gym time has not been as great as it had been... so I want to rationalize it and say that I am still trying to recover from the long days at track meets... and that I will be fine... Truth is... I am worried about trying the elliptical on Friday... and it is only wednesday. Will it domore harm than good? My knee has felt better throughout the day, but I have been much more cautious than I have been in a while. Grrrrrr.

Good news... my plans for Valentine's Day have been finalized... I will be spending the evening with... Harrison Owen... an author of one of the books I have to read for my class. His book arrived today, one day earlier than anticipated... and tomorrownight I will start reading it. Granted, there won't be candles, chocolate, or romance, but... it will be some good quality time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Kim now you are really pissing me off. Every day I read this blog and every day you do something more amazing. I feel like such a useless person. I don't help kids, in fact, I dislike them quite a bit. But here you are showing off and helping all these lost souls and doing amazing things. Show off. But every posting I read makes me think, she can't top that one. Now you have done it. This one brought tears to my eyes. Damn you. Don't do that to me again....

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Just letting you know I'm back online and catching up with your blog. =o)

Maybe I'll trade Valentine's Days with you....wanna flip a coin for who's diaper you'll change and which bath to give first?...Enjoy your quiet evening with your book! =o)

Take it easy with that knee...you have a Cali trip to make...remember? Keeping my eye on you...

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place