1/02/2008

Not a fit night for man nor beast!

This image is of the abominable snowman from Rudolph... I thought of him and his buddy Yukon Cornelius tonight as I was leaving track practice... BRR... windy and COLD. did I mention Windy? what about COLD??? Geesh! It makes me wonder why I am in Maine.. why why why??? The snowbanks are soo high... I really can't see over them... which makes pulling out very hard... so my plan is tonight... after the traffic slows way down.. to go out and knock some of the snowbanks down.. into the road if I have to because it just isn't safe... but I am nervous to be out there tonight in this cold... and it is slippery, but I gotta do it. I will put on as many layers as I can as it is supposed to get to 10 to 20 degrees BELOW zero here tonight. BELOW zero.... (I can hear Jill in sunny CA laughing now!)

My friend who was visiting from CA left today... to visit another friend in Boston, then to spend time with his family then back to LA. It was good to see him. He is a very sweet person and someone who challenges me in ways nobody else has...meaning he calls me out on things about my emotions, about what I am thinking and why I am thinknig things... usually that's my job. I adore him... but feel conflicted because he is prepared to put some serious offers on the table as far as building a future together... and I am so flattered by that... but can't accept it... I have yet to completely figure out why I can't accept it...but I can't. (I am working on figuring it out...) I tell so many other people to take things for what they are... it is what it is.... but it is hard for me to apply that in my own life. I am very happy he was here... sad that he was feeling so sick while he was here... but glad we got to see each other again. I like having him in my life... but do worry about our contact leading him on... but he tells me to not worry about what he feels.. .just to worry about what I feel and what I want... which I think is impossible for me to take certain things out of the equation... that's all I want to say about it here... for now...

Did I mention that there is a lot of freakin' snow outside? Did I mention that it sucks? I would say that if there was not snow and ice to contend with... I would be feeling pretty great as far as my knee is concerned. But... because I keep having to shovel... it aggrivates my knee and I feel like I get set back... but... I gotta take it for what it is.

On an upside... my practice tonight went really well. Some of the kids are improving their form... especially compared to Saturday's meet.. and quite a few were motivated to stay after practice and keep working on things. I think they are 'hungry' for good performances and I like that. I purposefully kept them from throwing in the shotput circle today... to get them thinking more about how they are throwing vs. how far they are throwing. But... they are motivated... and I like that.

Winter.... yuck!

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Oh, how I miss those mornings of shoveling and cleaning the snow and ice off my car...NOPE! =o) I called my Mom tonight..and opened the conversation with "Seen any snow lately?". As you can probably guess..she didn't quite see the humor in that. (Hee Hee)

Now you can be even more jealous of me...OUR HOUSE IS GOING TO BE FINISHED THIS WEEKEND!!! The closing is still scheduled for the 17th, but it may be moved up...I can't tell you how anxious we are to be home owners again..and this time we LOVE the house. We'll be posting more pictures soon. Check the blog!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place