1/03/2008

Fight the urge...

Do you remember as a kid, riding in the back seat of a car when the windows were all fogged up? Do you remember how much you liked to draw in that condensation? Smiley Faces... words like Hello written backwards so people on the outside could read it...or wiping away the fog in a circular motion so you could see out? ...how your dad threatened you within an inch of your life to NOT touch the windows... let alone write or draw on it. My dad always was... and still is... particular about his vehicles...keeping them washed and away from any risk of getting scratched...by parking way off from other vehicles whose owners may not respect the paint on other vehicles...well... the inside of the windows were just as important...and writing/drawing, marking on any of the fog...well... that would mean that the dirt...if there was any, would be disturbed and the next time the windows began to fog up... the drawings would return... so... it was forbidden....we had to fight the urge.... I thought of that today... fondly which may seem surprising... smiled thinking of how foggy windows drew my imagination and gave me a'safe' way to test my courage... to do it or not... face the consequences of getting a dirty look or a stern word or two... with an added secret satisfaction of doing something that I knew was against the rules... and how somehow... while it was frustrating to know that I was supposed to not disturb the window fog... it was fun...or maybe energizing...or intriguing... to know that something so simple to me... was something that got under my dad's skin so much...how differently we thought... I thought about this today because as I was leaving school today I was following buses...packed with kids...who were drawing in the fog on the bus windows... smiley faces...some sticking their tongues out...(the smiley faces, not the kids!)... and the greetings hello and hi! I have to admit... knowing the kids were mostly high school and middle school kids... I was expecting, perhaps.... some less innocent drawings and words.. so it was a nice surprise.

SHEldon had surgery today... and is doing well other than stumbling around like she is drunk from the anesthesia. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow.

I still have not read my email from my blog buddies..but plan on doing so this weekend...and WILL respond. I am excited about another blog viewer who reached out to me here... She lives in CA, has PVNS and has begun a blog of her own! Yay!

Tomorrow is Friday and I hope you have all had a great week...and hopefully it has gone by quickly!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place