1/06/2008

It's melting!

This weekend has been much warmer than last week was... last week we were below zero and this weekend...I think we got into the 40's... I even saw a man driving a convertible today... I am NOT kidding.. granted he had on ski goggles, a winter coat, hat, and gloves, but...he was enjoying the warmer temps. I was pretty tired and sore today after standing a lot at the meets yesterday. I took some aleve last night and think it helped. I will take more tonight. I ended up doing a lot of work in my driveway today... trying to reduce the amount of ice. It has been really hard to get into my driveway because it is a hill... not wicked steep, but steep enough for my 2 wheel drive truck to not like it... plus with the height of the snowbanks the ice makes it even more dangerous to come in and out of the driveway. I also tried to reduce the snowbanks at my neighbor's house... their snowbank is the one that makes it hard to see who/what is coming. But my shovel was not a strong enough tool to tackle it...but I did manage to get some rock salt on top of it by standing on my front porch, pouring salt onto the shovel and kind of throwing it onto their snowbank... I am not a scientist and have no idea if it will make a difference, but I hope it does. I also put salt on the ice in the driveway that hadn't melted enough to scrape off. Hopefully it will help it melt quicker and be gone soon.. Is it Spring yet?

My right knee feels better today. I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow. I think that I need to keep working to strengthen my left leg regardless of how much shovelling I do...I think not doing the workouts and PT exercises is a bad idea. So... I need to get motivated...

I am not feeling great tonight either... think I am getting a cold. My friend from CA had a cold while here and I think I have been fighting it off because I have been pretty tired.

Tomorrow I have a new adventure lined up. I am going to another middle school and speaking about the animal shelter from which I adopted the two black and white kitties. It should be fun. I am a little nervous because I haven't done something like that before, but I think I will like it. May give me an idea about whether or not public speaking is my thing... so that when I grow up I can be a motivational speaker....then I can talk to myself... and motivate myself to get to the gym more!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place