1/29/2008

Day 2... healthy eating

Ahh... I just got home from coaching... another long day... but I feel pretty good. I did not get up early to go to the gym, but I did go later... before I went to practice. The gym was pretty busy at that time and I had planned on doing the elliptical machine, but they were all full... I didn't feel like doing the treadmill or the bike to get started, so I used a different kind of elliptical machine... this one works out only your lower body...and it has shorter strides, which isn't good for my long legs... but I lasted for 5 minutes on it which was 0.25 miles. When I got done with that one of the other elliptical machines, the one that has the arm thingys that you use kind of like ski poles when cross country skiing....was open... so ... I decided I would get on it and see how I felt. To my surprise I was able to do my 0.5 miles... I did it in just over 7 minutes... sooo that means I did 0.75 miles using the elliptical machines... sooo.. I think my goal of doing 1 mile by Feb 15 is reachable! By teh way.. my other goal is to walk around Back Bay on my birthday... I told my sister that and she suggested that I make that my birthday party... followed by some adult beverages of course... but I think that is a pretty good idea. Granted... I may not be able to go fast at that point, but I think I will be able to get around it. It's 3.5 miles and my birthday is in May... so I think that can work. It's good to have goals. A guy approached me at the gym tonight... asking if I recently had knee surgery. I told him it had been about 6 months.. and he said he was going to be having surgery in two weeks... and asked what I had done.. I told him that I doubted it was the same thing he would be having done... he said he was having ACL surgery... and the recovery is three months to being active and 6 months to full recovery. I think he will recover pretty well... he appears to be in good shape and will probably bounce back easily. I wish him luck.

I ate well today too! I am currently munching on some carrots as I am blogging. I came home right after school to make dinner... and made something delicious. I browned up some ground turkey, added some onions, some salsa, and black beans... with taco seasoning... mmmm... I added it to a low carb pita pocket with some lettuce cheese and some fat free low calorie sour cream. It is so yummy... and by the time I add the beans and salsa it made quite a bit, which means I have lunches for the rest of the week! Yummmmm!

I AM going to go to the gym in the morning... and we have an early practice, so tomoroow night I am going to put my feet up and RELAX. I can't wait.

By the way.. I see some people in Africa have seen my blog... I hope to go to Africa one day!

1 comment:

Maineman said...

You go Girl! That mileage that you are putting on the elliptical machine is going to flip the odometer. Ha ha :-) Wow! A Birthday Party around Back Bay. Sounds like a fun idea. When you get to the last 50 Feet of the 3.5 miles, there should be a Birthday Cake waiting for you at the finish line with the candles lit. Of course you'll be able to blow out the candles and make a good wish too. A lot of good wishes have come your way already, so it's easy to see more of them happening for you. Of course an adult beverage would be a fun way to celebrate a good walk and your Birthday.

MMMmm, dinner sounds great. I'm starting to get hungry so I'll have to grab a bite to eat right now. Then I'll go the gym myself as well tomorrow to burn off the calories...Ha Ha :-)

Diet, workouts and excercise; all the ingredients for good health. Way to go. As usual your recovery from your knee surgery is not only fantastic...it's inspiring! There is no day but today. And the best of health and good times are definitely here for you today and many days ahead. Nice going. You go... Cheers! :-)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place