1/10/2008

Procrastination...


I think it was third...no maybe fourth grade when I won some ribbon at our science fair. I think it may have been honorable mention or maybe third place...but I got a ribbon... and nothing could have frustrated my mom more... I was a procrastinator... the project I did involved putting iodine on various foods to determine if it contained starch... probably an idea my mom gave to me after I had put it off until, in all likelihood, the night before. My mom was hoping that I would get a poor grade in order to teach me a lesson... and I won a ribbon... sorry mom...there was a lesson learned... perhaps not the one you intended. I would like to say that I saw the error of my ways, but.... I can't. I am still a procrastinator. Last night I worked on paperwork for two meetings I had today. I should have worked on it earlier, but didn't... and last night didn't really feel up to doing it... I did some.. enough to get through the meetings... but not up to my usual standard of excellence....smile... But... once again... it worked out. Typically I work best under pressure.. I truly do. Would it benefit me to not be a procrastinator? Probably. But... it is what it is.

Anyway... my knee is stiff today and my right knee is sore too... so I did not work out today. Instead... I got thai food and came home and put my feet up... I am glad I worked out yesterday though... but my legs were tired as I climbed the stairs...so I think I did a little too much yesterday... but.. lesson learned.

I talked to Rico the other day...the first time I had talked to him in a while. He told me I could reveal his true identity if I was only going to say good things about him and write about how amazing he is. Well.. Let's just say hi RICO... and leave it at that for now. Rico is not a fan of the New England Patriots...now before you get upset you gotta understand that he is used to cheering for a team that doesn't make it to the playoffs...often... so... he is just hating the Champs! It's ok Rico... your team will start playing again next season! Oh yeah... Also... Rico reminded me that I haven't posted pics of the scars recently... and I really should..but not tonight... I am too lazy to do that tonight... but soon... I know you are all looking forward to that. Rico also asked for more jokes in the blog... and... well.. I got nothing. One of my favorite kids jokes is this though: How do you repair an injured jack-o-lantern? (Punchline below)

SHEldon update: Sheldon is still Sheldon... I have yet to change her name... she is racing around like you would not believe... she is instigating games of tag with the other cats and seems a lot more confident. (Don't judge me for thinking my cat's true gender identity has set her free.) I really like the name Sheldon for this cat... but feel a bit guilty...

I should go... and do something...should being the key word...

Punchline: You fix it with a pumkin patch.... Get it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see another arrogant patriots fan - wait that's redundant. It seems my team has beaten the patriots in the playoffs in 2005. We also have 2 Super Bowls, 6 playoff appearances as well as an identical win/loss record with new england in the last 10 years. I guess it's that weak division you play in that allows for undeserved playoff births but I know you folks up there in new england (wherever that actually is) need something in the winter. Looking forward to your loss in the playoffs....Rico.

Anonymous said...

people get so flustered when they're hatin' on the patriots. why is that? people need to take big breaths and take the hammering like real men. :)

(and arrogant patriots fans? what? obviously no one else but NE fans remember the lean lean lean years. we've earned some bragging rights)

full discloser: i'm biased because i'm having tom brady's third baby.

--lola!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place