1/15/2008

I wanted...



I made a tough decision today, a decision that I am afraid will really let someone down. Lola... my sister... I am so proud of your recent art show... and regret that I was not able to be there on opening night... and even more sorry that I am not going to make it at all. I have been trying to figure out how to travel to see my sister's premiere... and I can't do it. I wanted to be there to applaud, to hug, to see her in the space where her work is being displayed...and I can't. I love my sister so much... and hope that she knows how much I love her and support her. This time, I can't be there in person. I just can't do it.

On another note... thanks to people who commented on my last couple of blogs. I am glad that I reposted the piece about Saturday night. Writing has always been an outlet for me... a way to express myself and perhaps more importantly, a way for me to processs things. I find that putting words from my head onto paper... well in this case...onto the web... helps direct my thoughts and brings clarity.

I do share a lot here, with you, and this blog does allow you to view me and perhaps feel like you know me... or know me better. There is truth in that. But... since I write this... I do control what parts of my life are shared here, and what ones remain private.

I have tried to be as open as I can be about my knee, about this process, and I have benefited. After hearing from C in Ct, who will have surgery Friday, I went back to the beginning... of this blog and reread a lot of the posts. I cried, several times. Reliving some difficult moments...some happy moments... and feeling the support from people...

Lola... I am sorry... I can't give you that kind of support for your art show... I am so proud of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I FEEL THE LOVE!!! really, i do. no worries, mate!

--lola

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place