1/14/2008

Epiphany




I did something on my blog for the first time... I wrote and posted a blog entry... that was quite extensive... I posted it last night, quite late... and am up early this morning because of school cancellations... and thought about my blog entry, and took it down and thought about posting this in its place...

I am not sure how I feel about that... removing a post... because this process, blogging, is something I promised myself would be open and honest... yet the blog entry I pulled this morning was something that made me wonder about privacy of another person... and I would never want to post something that would cause discomfort to someone I care about... but then thinking about this process I have decided to post it again... because it isn't about him...and I have some strict policies when it comes to my communication with him...about not editing myself... and I need to be authentic... and this is part of my healing... my blog is my way of processing things...I just ask that as you read it... know that it is something that is important to me and know I post it with the highest respect and regard for the person it involves...

What I share here, is something that I am hopeful others who have had surgery, or whose body has, at some point let them down... can relate to...

Anyway... The painting above is not mine... I googled the word epiphany in images and this came up... I could not find the name of the artist, but it was from the 2005 Recovery Fine Arts Festival, receiving the Best in Acrylic Award, entitled "Epiphany." It's an interesting painting, I like it....it's reflective, having sadness, knowledge and hope compiled into one...

Epiphany is one of my favorite words. I like its meaning, the way it sounds, and even how it feels when I say it. I guess that's all for this post...

Funny how I find the need to preface one post with another... which may offer more insight to who I am... a thinker...an overthinker...

2 comments:

Torben Ness said...

beautiful picture you have there.

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

I'm glad you reposted your previous blog. If you have to edit yourself when you write, what is the point of having the blog in the first place? The person you are...is the reason I have kept in contact with you...and none of the others. Love ya!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place