1/24/2008

Crushes... comments wanted...


This morning at the gym I saw one of my eye candy guys. GOOD morning! It was hard to get up this morning to go to the gym... I woke up to my 4:45 a.m. alarm... and thought... if I didn't go... it would be ok... but then I said to myself, self... why not go? You are already awake and you always feel good after you work out... so... after snoozing for a couple of minutes, I got up... and went to the gym. I met up with my friend Sue who looked as tired as I did...which made me feel good that I had gone to the gym or else I would have let her down... and I am sure she would have wanted to stay in bed this morning too. I did my warm up, leg exercises, and then did the bike for 25 minutes. While I was biking I was talking to Sue about some of the people we see regularly there... and asked her if she had seen one particular man... and from my description, she did not think she had... Moments later... who arrives, but the exact piece of eye candy that I had been describing... He may not fit exactly into what most people would describe as eye candy.. but he is very handsome. He has that distinguished salt and pepper hair going for him... he is fairly tall and is in good shape without being psycho-buff... I try not to stare too much at people... after all I am the first to say I grow tired of people staring at me... but I kept my eye on him this morning. He usually moves through his workout confidently, with purpose. Today he seemed to be indecisive. He started doing his regular lunges... in front of where I happened to be biking.. so how could I not watch? but he did not do them in as committed of a fashion as usual... and about 3/4 through kind of quit.. and moved on to the weight machines...lost sight of him...then he was back... walked toward the rowing machine... then walked away from it.. .stood pondering and then settled in on biking... not too far from me.

Would I ever initiate conversation with him? Probably not.... though if he initiated conversation with me I would try not to get tongue tied. It's like jr. high when you have a crush on someone. He was a few bikes away from me...and I am sure that my heart rate was a little higher... I know nothing about this man, except for his workout style... his calf muscles... and that he appears to have a kind nature about him... yet I have a bit of a crush on him... not sure why... but I do. Not the kind of crush that would result in anything... but the kind of crush that is fun... that makes you feel giddy...and silly...not love, not the strong feelings that I have experienced...but it's fun. Someone at work the other day was talking about someone she works with at her other job... someone on whom she has a crush... and said that she hasn't talked to him because she knows that he would disappoint her compared to what she has built him up to be in her mind... she said that crushes are more fun than dating. Interesting. And other than a couple of exceptions... with my dating experiences I may have to agree. My gym crush...in my mind... is very intelligent, respectful, thoughtful...a sportsfan...... and what if I talk to him and he only uses monosyllabic words? I would be bumming. So... I think I will keep him on my crush pedastel... for now.

My first crush... that I remember, was on a boy in fifth grade. He was short... I was tall... he was into sports... I was into writing poetry...he was skinny...I was.... well he was skinny.... he liked the Celtics... so I hated the Lakers... I remember playing four square or some other game on the playground with him during recess. I thought he was sooo cute.

So I want to know about your crushes... who was your first crush? Do you have a current crush? (Yes married friends... you can have crushes on someone other than your spouse.... right?) Leave me comments about crushes... past or present.

I know... this has little to do with my knee... but... the gym does... and so my crush being at the gym is directly related to my knee.... right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're such a perve!!

-Phil

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place