1/05/2008

Long Day

My day began at about 5:30...when my alarm went off... then I got ready and got to the high school where I coach and waited for the boys to show up to go to their meet. The meet was great. The kids did well.. I am very pleased! My shot put throwers still did not perform as well as they do at practice, but they did well...better than our meet last week. Then... back to our school...and I waited for the girls to arrive to take them to our afternoon meet... and they also did great. Our team is small in numbers for the girls, but we have a great amount of athleticism... and we saw it today. The kids each have an assigned number which is made on a large blank index card and laminated.. they reuse the number each week and I keep them between the meets... which is nice, because I write notes to the kids about their performances each week. Because this was the first week, I basically wished them well and for the girls team, had a temporary tattoo for each girl. They were all into it... team unity and all... nice... It was fun. But... I am TIRED! Very tired. Sara and the gang invited me up to their house and wanted me to play guitar hero... I would have loved to go up, but my knees are tired... my right knee feels worse than my left which is not good... I am starting to winder if I need to have my right knee checked out... I don't think it is PVNS, but do feel like something isn't quite right...the outer part of my knee hurts a lot..not a lot as in a lot of pain...but frequently with sharp pains....... but maybe it is from the snow and ice. Let's hope.

I thought a lot today about my sister... she has been preparing for a show to display her art...and the opening was last night. I hope it went well. I wanted to be there, but couldn't not coach today... but I hope to get out there later this month to see her work displayed.

I am signing off and soon heading to bed.... hope your weekends are going well. SHEldon is doing well... and has yet to be renamed...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place