12/31/2007

Happy 2008!

What a year 2007 has been... A year ago I was feeling pretty miserable... about a lot of things. Of course I feel like my knee issues were at the root of that... but still... I was not a happy person... and I was in pain. This New Years... well... I am happy to look forward to a new year... I feel like there are going to be a lot of good things in 2008... I have spent a lot of time thinking the last few days about it all... though you wouldn't know it from the lack of blogging. (Which I apologize for...my mom said I am going to lose my audience...)

PLus I have been busy... I had my first meet on Saturday... and I am glad it is out of the way.. the kids did ok.. but I was disappointed in their performances.. I know they can do better, but.. it is a starting point. Hopefully nerves got to them and that won't happen again. Also, a friend of mine from CA is visiting and I haven't wanted to be online...for fear of being a rude hostess. Unfortunately he has been a bit under the weather and is resting right now so that he can be a good sport and still go out tonight. I am going out with some friends, there will be 6 or 7 of us. Sara and Phil invited us up to their house to party with them and Matt and Melissa to play board games AND Guitar Hero... which by the way... I should nEVER buy because I would become addicted... and quickly! I played it at my sister's house and there is no way I would be good at sharing that game... though I would quickly become a rock star...if even in my own mind.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.. I almost forgot to tell you all...
It's a GIRL. Sheldon went to the vet last week to find out what all the howling was about... and well... HE.. is not a he... he is a SHE... and has come into heat... (will be having surgery on Thursday!) So... I need to come up with a new name... for this cat.. who is so affectionate...Today I watched the movie Little Misss Sunshine and LOVE the spirit of the little girl in that movie... her name is Olive... so I am thinking about that name... it is a bit odd... but so are the circunstances surrounding this cat. THe vet suggested calling her Shelly because it is close to Sheldon.. BUT.. I have a bad association with the name Shelly. I am not sure how I will ever name a child.. if I ever have one... maybe from being a teacher I have known so may kids with so many names.. and have associations with many names... some good associations.. some not so good. Oh well.

I will continue blogging my friends... and I know I have said it before, but I truly truly truly appreciate the support I have gotten from you all over the last year. I promise to read my emails soon...(haven't read them for about two weeks...) and I will write back.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish you all a healthy and happy 2008! And for my fellow PVNS patients... sufferers... don't give up your hope... I know this time of year can be hard on its own... and coupled with physical pain... well... it can seem unbearable... but you can make it through! Reach out to people.. and you will get support!

3 comments:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Happy New Year!

OK, about the name thing...Olive is a good name for your cat...haven't seen the movie yet, but approve of the name.

As for naming your kids...it is true what some people say...once you give your child a name...they are the only Ava, Andrew, (whatever)...that matters to you anymore. Just go with that thinking...(by the way, got some news to share??!!??) Your Mom will freak over that last comment. =o)

Wish you all the Best for 2008! Love ya!

K. said...

Hey TallGal:
Just wanns say thanks for your blog. I got diagnosed with PVNS last month and had one of two tumors in my right knee removed on 12/18. I've been following your blog and have appreciated your candor. It's been a comfort as I've been recuperating. Happy New Year.
Your Fan in CA,
Karen

Torben Ness said...

Happy New Year from the north of Norway. The place without snow. Been a wierd winger so far. Zero snow at this time of year aint normal.

Go to tha Gym.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place