5/31/2009

Movies and a Second Gym Membership

I managed to stay awake last night during my shift in the toll booth. I watched few movies, Last Chance Harvey, New In Town, and American Gangster. The first two are nice romantic comedies. Not the cheesy kind of romantic comedies, but...good. Enjoyable.

I worked from midnight until 8 a.m. this morning. I tried to get some rest yesterday afternoon/evening, but my new neighbors were moving in and kept me awake. It's not their fault, but it was frustrating. Then, when I got home this morning I was hoping to catch some zzz's, but my upstairs neighbors were moving in their furniture... it sounded HUGE... plus... the owners of lot beside me, the one where the house burned this winter...are rebuilding... and had their generator going, saws going...hammers going... so needless to say, I haven't slept since yesterday morning... the upside? ...I should sleep tonight...


I am contemplating joining a second gym. My gym is great. I like it a lot, the way it is set up and the options it has. I am the most comfortable at that gym than I have ever been anywhere else... the cardio machines, the ellipticals feel tall enough with long enough strides for me... I like the weight machines... and I like the loft area where I do my arms and stretching... and it is very close to my house....I like it there... The only thing that it is missing is group exercise classes. So... in looking around, there is another gym that offers several classes a week that I would be interested in taking... Zumba, step aerobics, pilates (which I have never done, but hey I would try it!), and some other ones that I would check out. Right now, if I take the weekly zumba class at $10 a pop... that's 40 extra bucks a month...on top of my current membership... this second gym is $25 a month, unlimited classes... so I could to 2-3 classes a week... hmmm.... it may be worth it. I think I will stop by that other gym tomorrow and check out the facilities... plus... it would create more opportunities to meet some new people...which is also good, right?

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place