5/10/2009

Surreal...

The weekend is almost over... Gotta be honest and say I am glad about that. My dad and I drove to see my sister and her family.

I can't really describe much about the weekend... I think in many ways I kind of turned off... going through the motions...acting normal when nothing is.... My sister had ordered a cake, with daisies...which was my mom's favorite flower...to recognize my birthday, and mom's... it was nice...

I wasn't as interactive with my nephews and probably everyone else as maybe I should have been... or normally would be... but that's ok...

Today is mother's day... The women in my life who are mothers, are amazing women and I love them so much... respect them so much... and want them all to be recognized... more than one day each year... but... it is hard... to have lost my mom and see so many mother's day themed things... and even hear it on the radio... songs going out to moms... from their kids... makes it hard...

No big epiphanies to share... no long winded philosophizing.... it was a weekend where I felt lost... that's all...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place