5/20/2009

4 days in a row

Today I went to the gym again, my 4th day in a row... yesterday's workout did not make me happy... The elliptical machines that I like best were all being used which left the other kind of elliptical machine... which I HATE... but.. I hate the stairmaster more and didn't feel like biking, so I did the funky elliptical... only for 30 minutes and it kicked my butt... the strides are shorter, which is why I think I don't like it... but it counts as a workout... This morning I gave myself permission to choose whether or not to go to the gym today... after going three days in a row and having plans to go biking tomorrow... I told myself if I didn't make the gym today it was ok... After leaving work, which was a stressful place today... lots of paperwork to get done and the end of the year chaos to deal with and a staff meeting... so I figured that the gym would be healthy way to relieve some stress... I got on my elliptical machine...the good kind... and after about 8/10 of a mile my MP3 player died... well the battery died. I can't workout without music... just can't do it... so I finished the first mile and got off the machine to get a battery out of my gym bag... and when I returned, the elliptical machines were once again all taken... (mental note, must go earlier to avoid bigger crowds.) and there was NO way I was going to do the evil elliptical... so I biked for a little while then did some weight training... I have been doing the weight training more with my legs than my arms... but I need to do both... but I like the leg workout better... so... today's gym time wasn't as productive as other days, but... it felt good to go. Tomorrow I am going to go for a bike ride with a friend... we have decided that we want to push ourselves a little, going a little further than we have gone and we are actually going to ride our bikes on the road... which makes us both nervous with traffic... but we are going along a road with a very wide shoulder...and I will be wearing my helmet... and to reward ourselves... our destination is an ice cream stand...where we are planning on having frozen yogurt... my food treat of the week! Should be fun.

And Friday... I am planning no workouts... just going to relax and enjoy my massage... ahhhhhhhhhh.... breathe in .... breathe out... AND... Saturday I am attending a fitness class that I have never done before.... Lola will be proud... ZUMBA baby!!! I'm gonna shake my BFA... (BFA is an endearing acronym my friend Meg developed years ago... refers to a larger than average behind...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lola is so proud! in zumba, when you get to the stripper moves, know that i am the queen. i've got at least that much mastered. so think of me acting all slutted up. it's so fun! even the jumping and fancy footwork. the music gets in you, baby!!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. and good news: it takes more calories to shake a BFA than a teeny tiny tushie!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place