5/27/2009

Knee stuff, Spaghetti for dinner, and Avacado for dessert?


I got another email from someone else with PVNS. She recently moved to Washington... I am not sure if that is DC or state... but will find out. She was diagnosed in March 2007 after doctors knowing there was a tumor in her left knee for 3 years... she had surgery to remove it and did fine... until this most recent March... she began having pain again and test results show that the diseased tissue, the PVNS, has invaded her tibia bone...she is in a lot of pain and since she just moved, has yet to find a new doctor to help her. I hope she stays in touch and hope she gets some relief... it does make me worry...as I approach the two year anniversary since my surgery... (7/17/07)... but... I think I am ok... I think I think... I think...

I opted to not go to the gym today. I intended to go, but got distracted by trying to finalize my MRI... I called today to confirm my appointment, thankfully... and learned that the MRI place is not sure if I need an MRI that requires some contrast dye... so it became a big battle between me, the MRI office, and my doctor's offices, both locally and in Boston... it was very frustrating to spend an hour on this... and by the time it was over, I wanted to just be at home and settle in for the night. I don't feel too badly about it because I have been doing well being active and think that having a day for my body to relax is okay.

I do have to say that today my body felt different... in a good way... like I am starting to tone up some and feeling more compact somehow.... that's probably a strange way to describe it, but that's the best way I can describe it.

I had a healthy dinner... yesterday I cooked a spaghetti squash so I could have something quick to eat... and tonight I decided to make a sauce to go on it to have for dinner... so I chopped up some onion and red bell pepper (using my showtime knives of course!) added some garlic and let that cook a little... I then added some sweet italian turkey sausage and some turkey pepperoni...let it cook more then added some spaghetti sauce from a jar... and let it simmer... It was very tasty over the squash...and very filling. I do enjoy cooking...and need to return to that more... I have been making a lot of guacamole lately... I really like it. I use Meg's recipe... simply cut an avocado in half lengthwise... remove the pit...while still in the skin cut diagonal lines through the avocado in alternating angles, and then scoop it out of the skin into a bowl... then mash it up really good...add a little bit of salsa and a dash of salt... I also add a bit of lime juice to keep the avocado from browning. MMMMM... delicious. The problem is... I can eat the entire batch solo... but I researched avocados and realized it is a fruit... so in my head I justify eating all the guacamole as eating a serving of fruit for the day... an avocado is similar in size to a pear...and nobody worries about eating a hole pear... although the blue corn chips used to eat the guacamole are not the best choice... but it is a nice treat. Now I am thinking about it... I kind of want to make it... and have it... That's the trouble with not working out... I tend to snack more...

Uh oh... the avocado is calling.....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place