5/23/2009

ZUMBA!

Two of my friends and I went to our first Zumba class this morning. It was a lot of fun... and worked up quite a sweat. The class was 45 minutes long and there were ways to make the moves doable for everyone there... me included. My knee tweaked a little at the beginning, there is a lot of side to side movement and some hopping type moves... but I was cautious... and hope that my carefulness will subside after doing some more classes... yes..more classes, that means that I liked it enough to go back. The tricky part is that the class cost $10.. . It was offered at a gym to which I do not belong. Their classes used to be $7..but the price went up. I don't think I will spend that much money every week to go... but am looking at other places in the area that have classes.. maybe buy a package deal or something... The gym that I go to has a cheap membership but doesn't offer the group exercise classes... and the gym that offered the class today is drastically more pricey... so I need to check around the area to see what's available.

So... for two days in a row... I stepped out of my comfort zone... yesterday's massage and today's fitness class...Where I did shake my BFA by the way... and I enjoyed both. Pretty good weekend so far... I'm off to babysit a friend's son... imagine, someone entrusting their kid with me!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place