5/28/2009

Long Day...

Ugh... it was a long day. The good news... the MRI stuff is figured out... so I have my MRI next week...not this weekend, meaning I no longer have a conflict with going to Zumba class... But the day was still stressful. I have a lot of paperwork to get done... and stayed late after school to put a dent in it. So when I left school at 5:45 p.m. I decided I needed to go home and have dinner before deciding about going to the gym... when I was leaving the building I got some voice mails, one of which was from my friend Sue inviting me out to dinner or for a drink...because her day had also been stressful... I was tempted... but called her back and told her I really felt like if I was out doing something tonight it should be activity related... and asked her if she wanted to go swimming. Thankfully she said yes... I would not have gone without her... but we went... she did laps, I kept myself afloat by treading water. We stayed in the pool for about 40 minutes...both feeling more relaxed... we talked on the way home about our decision to be active instead of going to dinner... I know, given my mood, I would have overeaten, and would have ordered something unhealthy...and afterwards, would have been disappointed in myself and in my choices... so it was better for me in many ways, to go to the pool instead. After my long day I was worried about being so stressed that I would not sleep well...but after being in the pool, moving my body, I feel much better... ahhhh... off to bed... So glad tomorrow is Friday...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place