5/30/2009

Ahhh... a great morning...


I woke up fairly early this morning, but decided I was comfy in my bed and rested with the kitties for a while. I got up around 8:00 and knew I needed to get some cash to pay for the zumba class I would be taking... I thought about walking to an ATM machine, but instead decided to ride my bike. Granted it is a short ride, probably just over a mile round trip, but...the big news is that I rode UP the hill on which my house resides... ALL the way UP! No Stopping... even though I had made a deal with myself that if I got to a certain house I could get off and walk if I wanted to... but I didn't.. I went the whole way! I am soooooooo excited about that. A year ago my quad muscle would not have allowed me to do that... it was still too weak from surgery (July 2007) and any incline was impossible. I was also able to finish the ride by coming up my driveway which is a pretty good incline. Ahhh... I was ina great mood after that... and as Zumba time neared, I walked to my friend's house, Suellen, who lives very nearby... she, her sister and I all went to Zumba.... and it was a lot of fun! It was more fun this week because I felt more comfortable with the steps...more confident really...which allowed me to push myself a little more this week... don't get too excited though... there are still some moves where I opt for the lower impact version, but I feel good about that. I It was a good workout... Sue and I are toying with the idea of riding our bikes to Zumba class sometime later in the summer. It's about 4 miles one way to where we did the class, which would be do-able...but not until we get a little more comfortable with riding our bikes in traffic AND Zumba... so that we are not too exhausted.

So after leaving the class, with some good dance tunes in our heads, we decided we would go get pedicures... and why not also add lunch in the mix. We went to lunch and I got a chicken Caesar salad, dressing on the side... and didn't eat croutons.... The salad also came with a side of chips and I got baked chips... which I will eat later tonight when I am working.... (Gotta work on the toll booths at midnight until eight tomorrow morning....got lots of movies to take with me...) Following lunch we got pedicures... and my feet look good... well as good as feet can look I suppose.

So it has been a good day... and I am off to nap....so I can stay awake tonight...

Ohhh one more thing... I have made sure to pack my 'electrified tennis racket' also known as a bug zapper/anti-moth saber...just in case the moths have figured out that I am working tonight... Man I hate those things...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place