12/22/2007

Hibachi??



I went to a hibachi restaurant with friends tonight. I love those kinds of places... entertaining and delicious. (This was a sushi place too, but also hibachi.) There were 5 of us in our party and it was a good time. I was the only one in the crew who was comfortable with chopsticks... however I challenged my friends to use only chop sticks....as that is how I learned... on a date, the man I was with challenged me to use chopsticks. And... they all did it! They all used them- granted it was a little quiet with all the concentration, but it was fun. Our chef was a fun guy... he did the thing where he tried to flick rice up in the air and have someone catch it with their mouth... none of my other friends volunteered....so I did. I didn't catch it... but after I made a fool of myself, a couple of the other girls tried it too... none of us managed to catch the rice. I had been to this restaurant a couple years ago with Sara, Phil, and someone we shall call Mr. X. Sara and I had a few drinks and Sara was trying to convince me and Mr. X to try sushi. She tried...several times... and I tried it... I did not like it...the fish part... but I tried it. From that night, and Sara's strong encouragement to try sushi... is why my fish is named Sushi. (Sara gave me the fish...so I thought it was appropriate.) Anyway... tonight I ordered some sushi... Avo-kyu... and it was delicious. It contained no fish! it was avacado and cucumber wrapped in seaweed and rice. It was very very good. I ordered it as an appetizer and also wanted to share some sushi with friends who may not have tried it before. So tonight I was the sushi pusher and some people did like it. Yay! We had fun. (The pic is not from our adventure... but from the internet!)

Last night I was with Sara, Phil, Matt, Melissa, and Tobias. It was also fun. We had thai food for dinner and had a little mini Christmas celebration. gave Tobias a new hat that I had knit. The first one I had made for him was too small, but this one was perfect! He ran around with it on, laughing, so I think he liked it. I had planned on spending the night at their house, but around 9 last night I was thinking I wanted to sleep in my own bed.... is that a sign of getting older? I was talking to Meg just now, and she said that she prefers to be home...and attributes it to getting older... maybe that is true... or maybe I am just more a creature of habit than I like to admit. But I was glad to be home this morning because my friend Sue called to ask if I was going to the gym... and so we met up at the gym and I was glad we did. We are planning on going tomorrow morning too, as a Christmas present to ourselves. My knee felt good today, the best it has felt in a couple weeks... maybe from not shovelling in a couple of days.

I am not sure how much blogging I will do over the next few days...as I will be with my family, celebrating Christmas. I wil take some pics and will post them when I get a chance, but if you don't hear from me, know that I am wishing you all a Merry Christmas AND a happy HEALTHY new year!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place