12/16/2007

It feels like Christmas

Craig and I went shopping last night. We left my house at about 11:30p.m. and arrived at our destination - Freeport - LLBean at about midnight. (I had been there earlier in the day with another friend, it wasn't about what we were doing, it was about spending some time with my friends.)




The parking at midnight was much better than the parking during the day even though we were not the only late night..err... early morning shoppers. LLBean is a Maine landmark. They have been very busy decorating. The huge tree was beautiful. The colors of the lights changed and hanging from the tree were things like fish, LLBean boots, and fishing creels. It was beautiful.



One of the trademark's of the factory store at LLBean's is the indoor trout pond. There are live trout that swim around in a pond and it has been that way as long as I can remember. LLBean has recently added on to the main building...and they have a couple of separate buildings in the area too. In their addition they have added another fish display, a large aquarium.

The aquarium includes a bubble in which you can go inside the world of the fish. This is my friend, Craig. I know it is hard to see him because of the reflection, but it's kind of cool. I am sure the display is designed for kids, but we thought it was pretty cool. We did some shopping and then walked around outside to look at the lights more closely. They really were beautiful.

This is an ice sculpture of a squirrel. There were other ice sculptures too, and all were contained in these little log cabins with a big window in the front. Some of the windows were covered with frost, so conditions were not conducive to taking pictures, but there was an ice bear riding an ice snowmobile.

We had a great time... I got home around 2 a.m. - the latest I have been up in a LONG time. I really felt the Christmas spirit... more because of feeling relaxed and enjoyed the lights. My knee was hurting by the end of our adventure. Climbing up and down the stairs all day at Beans was a little much... plus the gym in the morning, but... it feels great to know how much I was able to do in a day.

Today I am getting snowed in. It is coming down pretty hard out there. It is a fine snow, not the huge fluffy flakes that are my favorite. I will go out later and do a bit of shovelling. My neighbor is responsible for snow blowing...but...well.. we'll see.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place