12/20/2007

Snow..... I blame Jill


Ok folks... It is only Dec. 20...not even winter yet...officially... and we got ANOTHER storm. Another SIGNIFICANT amount of snowfall... and I am blaming Jill. (Jill is my friend from high school who currently lives in California who said she is a little envious of us having a white Christmas....Take it back Jill, take it back!)

I had another snow day today... so that is two so far...and that means a shorter summer because we Will have to make up these storm days. Oh well. I had planned on getting some wrapping done, however, instead I spent the day going out and shovelling...coming in...melting...then going back out and doing more shovelling. I had to do it because I need to make sure I could get out of my driveway because I had an eye appointment. I wanted the appt. because I thought my vision had worsened and wanted a new glasses prescription. No such luck... though it isn't that bad.. my eyes have changed so slightly that there is not a change in the prescription... so.. I expressed my frustration because I am not happy with how I am seeing...granted ALL of my eye doctors have always said I am VERY picky about how I see...so to most people this change would go unnoticed... so in order to try to make me happy, we are trying a couple of different brands of contacts to see if they make a difference. I do have contacts that I have worn infrequently because historically I have seen better with my glasses...however I am willing to try the new contacts.

Anyway... when I left for my appointment nothing had been done to the driveway except for my minimal efforts. I made sure the small bank at the end of the driveway wasn't solid...by using a shovel to loosen it up... then... I drove out..through the pile of snow... and went to my appt. I was happy when I got home because people were here plowing! Yahoo.... THe problem with plowing is that it keeps the driveway more narrow, but I am hoping that the neighbor will do some touchups to the edges to keep it wide... but where can we put the snow? Good question.. the way that my driveway is...there is little room for snow storage...the snowbanks are already significant. Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like around here.











I am not sure about my plans for going to the gym tomorrow... I would like to go, but am not sure I should...because I have felt stiff from all the shovelling... so I may wait until Saturday... but maybe if I wake up early tomorrow I will try to go before work. Tomorrow night I am having a family dinner... with my family to whom I am not related by blood...My friends Sara, Phil, Matt, Melissa, and Tobias.... so it should be fun. (Which may mean no blog tomorrow, Mom!)

Gotta go so I can do some wrapping......since I am done with the shovel for today!

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

I am SO impressed that I was mentioned in your blog, even the blog TITLE (I even called Brian over to make sure it was so). =o)

I will miss your blog entry tomorrow! (A shout out to your Mom!)

The snow does look pretty, but I am no longer envious (I am fickle you know). In a few weeks, you will have the chance to be envious of me, I'll be moving into our new house!!!

P.S. Check our blog for new pics, if you haven't already!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place