12/01/2007

a MILEstone

I went to the gym today... and walked a MILE on the treadmill... a MILE... one mile... an entire mile...without stopping... AND I did it at a speed of 2.2 miles per hour... my fastest speed yet. I had set this goal for myself for the weekend, that I would walk a mile at the gym. and I did it... in order to be careful and not verdue, I did not do my usual bike routine before the treadmill...but I did do 5 minutes on the bike after walking as a cool down...and so far I feel good. Plus today I went up to Sara and Phil's...with Matt, Melissa, and Tobes... and we got a Christmas tree... which involved walking on uneven ground up and down which did not seem to bother me either. I am stil at their house.. we enjoyed some holiday cheer...and I am crashing on their couch... what great friends I have... I gave Sara and Melissa their scarfs that I had knit for them... and brougt te hat and scarf to Tobes... the hat was too small, but I think I can make it bigger if I put my mind to it.

Yesterday's news is still setting in... and I think psychologicaly I feel like my body is stronger...just having the knowledge that PVNS is ... well...most likely gone.... [yes I have to add the most likely part]... makes me feel like I can take more risks... that someting I do isn't going to cause the PVNS to return... I walked less tentatively today... I noticed that as I was leaving the gym... or maybe it is because I am feeling more confident... just knowing I am doing things to take care of myself. I feel good. I did go to the other branch of my gym today... and it was set up differently than the one I usually go to...and it was a little overwhelming, but good... it was very busy and it felt good to be a part of that... there were a lot of very fit people working out.. and I was motivted by that. I thought less about my scars than I have in a while when my legs have been bare at the gym... it feels like things are coming together for me in a lot of ways... I feel fortunate. Soooooooooo fortunate.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place