4/01/2009

return to the gym...

Last week my coaching season concluded... it was a season with ups and downs... given the circumstances with my mom, I was lucky enough to work with another coach who understood family priorities and enabled me to travel to see my mom whenever I needed while maintaining the position. I enjoyed the kids, but not as much as I usually do because I really didn't have the time with them that I like to have... knowing the season was ending I had mixed emotions... I was concerned about filling my time... because keeping myself busy has become a good escape for me. So... I decided that once coaching was over I needed to throw myself back into working out and being healthy... so far so good... Monday I went to the gym and biked and did weight training for my legs... Tuesday I swam (well tread water for 40 minutes) and today I went to the gym, did 10 minutes on the bike, 2 miles on the elliptical, and minimal weight training... which I admit was my way of scoping out a couple of gym hotties... tomorrow some of my local friends are meeting up to figure out ways to help each other stay healthy... I am excited.

I saw my mom last weekend... and she seemed stronger to me than she had the last time I was there. So many ups and downs with this... I have decided to stay here this weekend... because I want to be able to go to see mom when I have my April vacation knowing that all of my paperwork is caught up... I talked to dad today and he encouraged me to stay put this weekend... so I am both excited and feeling guilty about it... I am listening to my heart... going when I feel like I should and staying when I think I should... and I think it's ok to stay put this weekend so that my next visit will have less guilt about missing out on getting some school stuff done.

I'm also exhausted... and selfishly need some time where I am not on the road,time that I can just take care of me... and I need to spend some time with the people in my support system... and that's ok...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place