4/21/2009

Not so small gathering...

One hundred and forty nine people signed the guestbook at the gathering to honor my mother... not quite a small intimate gathering... but... it was amazing to see that many people come out, in horrible weather, to hug us, grieve with us... I was pleasantly surprised that I knew most of the people there... and the ones I didn't know told me their names... Dad was overwhelmed by the crowd...pleased...

My mother, was an amazing person... someone today said... "You know, I don't think your mom ever met a stranger... nobody was a stranger to her... she made everyone feel included and comfortable..." That is very true... My mom was someone who was very sensitive about the feelings of other people... and always made sure to greet someone she had never met before as if they were a long lost friend... few people have that ability with such integrity and genuineness...

I will write more soon about the day... but I am exhausted and am going to call it a day... but... I was touched by the presence of so many people who cared about my mom...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place