4/18/2009

Calmer Day... still not easy

The good news of the day is that mom was comfortable today, at least as far as we can tell. She hasn't been conscious today and to out knowledge hasn't tried to communicate with us. The increase in medications have helped with the pain and agitation... but there is a part of each of us that wonders if we are doing the right thing... I keep going back to a conversation mom had when Gramie was dying... she said to us, that she did not want to be in pain...that if she was ever in a similar situation, that she wanted us to keep her out of pain... I reminded dad of that today... he is feeling guilty about medicating her... and I think that having her completely non communicative today is another step in losing her, and that has been hard for him... I tried to give her the doses today as much as I could so that he doesn't feel like he is the one giving it all to her... but tonight he wants to stay with her, and I understand that...

We'll see where we go from here...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place