4/03/2009

A weekend at home...

I made a hard decision this weekend... to stay at my place instead of going to see mom and dad... it's a decision that does make me feel guilty on some levels, but... I also felt like there were things I needed to do here... to take care of myself now so that I can head up to mom and dad's during my April vacation without having to bring work there with me. Emotionally I also feel like I need a weekend to myself... to do things for me... and I feel selfish for it... because my father does not have the luxury of choosing when to be there and when not to be...but... I also need to take care of myself so I can take care of others... right? Well... that's what some of those mental health philosophers say.

so what exactly is so important that I needed to be here this weekend? Well... today... I had internet installed at my place... until now I have been fortunate enough to have neighbors whose wireless was freely accessible. But I feel happy about my own connection... dependable... guilt-free!
But the bigger reason is just needing to take care of myself. I have been stressed about getting some paperwork done for work... so I need to get into school without kids around, to do that.... then there is getting my focus back on being healthy - physically. This week I had taken my bike to a local bike shop to get a tune up and picked it up today... I am excited to go for my first ride... today was not a good day for bike riding because of the rain, but... maybe this weekend there will be a window of time where I can try it out. Maybe I will even get to a point where I take my bike with me to my parents' house so I can be active there. And... tomorrow I am attending a step aerobics class... this I am very excited about. I know I will be sore afterwards... if I do it right anyway.... and I am so looking forward to it! I used to do step aerobics a lot... in college a few of my friends and I would go to weekly classes and it was so fun! Usually those classes were followed by a night of dancing and some beverage enjoyment at a club. I like step aerobics.. the rhythms, the movements, the way that I can push myself to do the routine being done and modify it as I need to. I have not done step aerobics since all of my knee trouble started... so... we'll see if I still got it! Also, I need some time with my friends... tomorrow I think I will see Sara and Meg... and Sunday, Meg I are going to hit the gym and then go out for brunch. So... it will be a busy weekend... but filled with things that are making me healthy... in many ways... re energize myself...

Either that... OR... I am a coward who doesn't want to face the mom situation this weekend and my rationalization skills are amazing...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place