7/30/2008

Under the Knife

My friend Jill, in CA, had surgery today to remove her gallbladder. I am sure it all went well, but I had to give a shout out to her!

It was a good day today.. long, but good. I worked...then hit the gym... then had dinner with friends. I am tired, but feel good. My workout today included the elliptical machine, which has become a more regular part of my time at the gym.. but today I did a program that gives you prompts every few minutes... focus on pushing with your arms... go at this pace... use only your legs... reverse direction... this used to be my favorite program to do... and I had not dared to try it... until today. My goal was to complete 2 miles on the elliptical... after the machine prompted me to go in reverse... then switched back to going forward... my calves were going crazy... almost like spasms or something... but I slowed down a little abd was ok... after doing it the second time I had to get off the elliptocal and bike for a few minutes to prevent my legs from wobbling too much... but I hadn't finished the 2.0 miles... so after the bike.. I went back to the elliptical machine and did the rest of the two miles on manual... just doing one motion at a constant speed... then I did weight training with my legs... which felt like Jello. But it felt good!

I got an email tonight... about kaleidoscopes.... it was beautiful..... just like the woman it was from... much love to you... and I have so much to write.. but want to do it tomorrow when I have more time.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place