7/07/2008

Trip cut short....

I am back at my parents' house... Mom hasn't been feeling great... not eating much at all and has thrown up a little. Dad's concern had been growing. Today he kind of pressured her to come down to go to the hospital to get some fluids to see if that would offer any relief. She told us that she has started having more symptoms... blood in her urine... since Saturday... and as soon as those words escaped her lips Dad was up and packing up the camper... that sealed the deal. We got back here and mom talked to her doctor, local doc, not cancer doc.. and he was not surprised... said that it could be a good thing... could mean the tumor is shrinking and her system is getting rid of it... of course my mind goes to wondering about if it is getting bigger and has further attacked her kidney...but mom and dad like the shrinking thought better... so I will try to jump on that train... they are at the hospital right now getting a bag of fluid... I hope that helps.

Mom and I did get a kayak ride in together... I will post some pics when I get home. We went a short distance up the river together and she was pretty tired. I was glad she wanted to go though...Dad was out in his boat too and mom ended up hitching a ride back to shore with him and mom told me to keep kayaking... so I did. not for too long.. but it was nice. I also went later in the day... another solo voyage, but it was beautiful... like I said, I will post pictures.

I was VERY excited to find that I could get in and out of the kayak more easily than I have in some time... I was worried and half anticipated tipping over in the river, especially when trying to get out, but I didn't. My knee allowed me to do this... and in years past when I would kayak my legs would get numb.. that did not happen this time... awww it felt good to be on that river again...

My activity level was not as high as I wanted it to be, but I did do well eating for the most part. Overall I would say I had more healthy habits...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place