7/14/2008

Feeling good today...AND 2.25 miles!


This morning I was lazy... I didn't sleep well last night, not sure why, so I slept in this morning. After getting up and around I went to get my hair trimmed. On my way there I got a breakfast sandwich from DD... not a great choice... so I did better for lunch... I had a salad and some watermelon. This afternoon my upstairs neighbor/friend hit the gym and we hit it hard! We warmed up with 5 minutes of cardio... used the weight machines for our legs...then did a little over 30 minutes on the elliptical machines. I did some of the leg machines that I have not dared to do since ... well.. I don't remember. I didn't do a lot of weight, nor did I do a lot of repetitions, but... I figured starting out conservatively is smart.. but I am hungry to do more...On the elliptical machine today I ellipted myself, (I don't think ellipted is a word..oh well...) ellipted myself to 2.25 miles!!!! I have been trying to push myself to go further and further... and I think I am going to stay around 2 miles for a while... as long as that means a half an hour. A few years ago when I had lost weight I started out really slowly... I can't get back to where I was after I lost close to 100 pounds now that most of it, if not all of it, is back. So. for now.. sticking to about 2 miles is good... and I will increase the weight training and will work my way back to 3.5-4 miles a day on the elliptical... I am on my way. Tonight My friend/neighbor Sue and I grilled and it was nice. We ate outside too and it was beautiful out.

I am planning on taking some Aleve tonight to ward off any stiffness, but I am sure there will be some soreness tomorrow... but not related to PVNS... Yay!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place