7/10/2008

Promised pictures...

Ahhh... this is my mountain... ok... it's not my mountain, but I love it there. It is a similar shot to one I have shared before, but no matter how many times I am there I have to take new pictures... the mountain looked so healthy to me this year... strange to describe it as such, but in years past it was still easy to see lasting effects from a forest fire that happened many many years ago. This year, the mountain looks 'whole' to me. I am not sure if that makes sense or not, but that's the word that kept coming into my mind when I was there. The colors in the mountain were beautiful.


This is a picture of my mom kayaking... We got a short ride in together... and I wasn't sure we would get that chance. I like this shot because she is looking at the mountain. Her red floppy hat is to help keep the sun off her... the medicine she has to take makes her more sensitive to the sun. These are just some pictures from my kayaking adventure... and of a sunset taken from the shore... it is a peaceful place.













This is my view when I am kayaking... I like to relax a little. My knee felt good throughout the kayaking adventures! Yahooo!!!!



This picture was taken in one of the inlets off the river... mom and I named it "Tadpole Terrace." We gave it that name because the tadpoles are numerous and they rest just under the surface of the water, to get warmed by the sun... and when you kayak close to them they kind of jump out of the water and it startles me every time... and despite my best efforts I usually get startled badly enough that I scream a little (or maybe squeal is a better word!) ... like I do when I am at a hockey game, sitting right behind the glass and the puck bangs off the glass... Anyway... I tried to get a picture of the little suckers... and I did... I love how mom laughs when I get startled... I really try to not scream, but just when I think I have done it... they get me!


That's all for now... just wanted to post a few pictures as I promised... beautiful place....

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

OK, so I am officially homesick now! Those pictures of the mountain are great. I can even imagine your little squeal at the tadpoles. LOL I'm glad you enjoyed your trip up north.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place