4/01/2008

The universe is mad at me....

Dear Universe... whatever I have done to make you angry I apologize. I do not understand what I could have done to cause the havoc that is going on in my life. I will do whatever I can to reverse this karma... I will let every pedestrian cross the street, stop and allow cars to pull out in front of me.... pick up trash from the ground, recycle... but please STOP THE MADDNESS!!!

I have to Move... by MAY 1st! May freakin' FIRST!


Why do I have to move? Well my landlord called me on Sunday.. and said he had some bad news. His wife has lost her job because of budget cuts and they are planning on moving into this apartment and sell the house in which they are currently residing. I asked how long I had to get out and he said as soon as possible... but he supposed he could give me until the end of the month... you SUPPOSE? Yeah... and umm... have I mentioned that my mom has cancer? come on... the market sucks... and he is not going to sell his house in 30 days... couldn't you give me until the end of the school year?!!

So.... Last night I looked at an apartment and it was nice.. LOTS of storage in the basement. And of course, the cats are welcome. And a REAL kitchen! Today I looked at 2 places so far... one that is really close to the Back Bay where I love to walk... but it was on the second floor, with hard angles to work with for whoever moves in... and the floors were tilty and the walls were like stucco or something... the second one was in a country setting which is nice... had an inground pool for me to use... included a lot in the price of rent... had wall paper from a victorian house on crack...had no storage... and smelled AWFUL... the woman asked me if I was a smoker and she seemed disappointed when I said no. I think I still have that smell stuck in my nose.. ewww... and the smell was not cigarettes... though I think it was in the mix someplace... but there was a wretched candle burning that was obviously covering up some other foul odors... so that's out... I am looking at another one tonight... PLEASE universe... let it at least be a place that doesn't make my skin crawl! PLEASE.

So.. I had thought about going to see mom again this weekend.. BUT... instead... I will be packing and throwing out stuff that I don't want to carry with me to a new spot. I am also going to take pics of a couple of pieces of furniture and try to sell them...

On a positive note from all this... I have found the gym is a helpful way to release a little stress... and Today was the third day in a row... and today I reached 0.75 miles on the elliptical and did 5 miles on the bike... and I am nervous to say this, but my knee feels better than it has in a while... even since surgery... feels strong... I think not coaching after school helps...though who knows what this move will do to me. I gotta scope out some strong hotties at the gym to be my moving crew...

I have heard from some other PVNSers and they are struggling... a lot. Gosh... I feel fortunate. I am not 100%, but I will get there. I owe an email to one woman who asked some great questions and I intend to get back to you ASAP, but life has been a little.... well.... STRESSFUL!

I will get there.... So... if y'all have a chance... tell the universe that I am not a bad person and anytime it wants to shed some sunlight in my direction, I would greatly appreciate it. GREATLY appreciate it.

1 comment:

Maineman said...

The universe is so big, and yet there is only one of each of us. For every place there are plenty of good things to be recognized, and good things to go around. So why are there bad things that happen to good people? The only answer that I've ever been able to make any sense with, is that God is challenging good people to be even better than they already are, and to take the adversities and come out of them even better than ever. I know this doesn't always happen, but one thing is for sure, good people are ultimately rewarded in some ways that may take time. So in the many stars in the universe, let the brightest ones shine for TallGal. She deserves the richest of rewards. She's kindhearted, intelligent, attractive, tries so hard to be the best that she can be, and gives to others thoughtfulness and good intentions. Reward her for her spirit and kindness, and for being one of the good people in the universe.

Lot's of blessings and good fortunes to you Tallgal. I'm thinking about your difficult time, as just an aberration in a wonderful life. Hang in there. There has to be good things to come. And I hope that you find a place to live that bring out smiles and happiness :-) And of course I'm still wishing the very best for your mom, yourself and family. Difficult times don't seem to make sense when one puts into life as many good things as you have. One thing is rewarded for you, and that's the many people who you have who care, and are friends to you. I'm just one more. And for every good thing that you've put into life, there will eventually be 5 good things that come out of it. That is my Mathematical formula computing again :-) Try to have a great day, and I hope a lot of good things are sent back to you from the universe. Maybe a nice apartment, improved health for your mom, warm spring weather, enjoyable times ahead, and plenty of reasons to smile :-) Take care.
Maineman

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place