3/27/2008

Deer Crossing... next 68 miles!

I got to my parents house last night around 8:00. The further north you get in Maine the fewer buildings you see from the highway. As I got closer to my parents' house I saw a sign... one of those orange ones used during construction that flashes messages to you... that said, STAY ALERT! Deer Crossing, next 68 miles! I chuckled because usually the deer crossing signs are yellow, and say deer crossing... next 3 miles... 68 miles!!?? I thought, only up here... I wasn't chuckling for long though, as about 8 miles later there was a deer in the road... and I was nervous... I have never hit a deer, knock on wood, but I did hit a moose a few years back and it was scary.

It was nice to get here and to see my parents. Admittedly I had a little anxiety about it too, wondering about the emotionality of it all... is that even a word? Mom headed to bed not long after I got here, but I had a chance to go to her room and visit with her for a while... we had a good conversation. She is so confused and stressed about what she should do...combined with low energy, she is frustrated... After talking with her I went down and got to talk with dad for a while too, which was nice. He seems to be doing ok, but he's tired. Naturally.

Today I did some cleaning in my grandmother's apartment where my sister and her family will be staying this weekend. I won't get to see them for long because I have to leave bright and early Saturday to get to my track meets... but it will be good to say hi and give Sis and the boys a hug.

That's all for now....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place