4/05/2008

What a pain in the..........

What a pain in the back... ass... knee... neck... everywhere... I am sore from packing... and moving boxes... and throwing things away... but it is for a good cause.

This morning I sold my entertainment center... I was happy to get the money, sad to have to part with it. The room I am using to fill with boxes is getting full... I have a lot of stuff... even though I am getting rid of a lot... it is still a lot of stuff. Unpacking will be ok.. I am labeling all the boxes...and trying not to just stuff things in someplace... though it is tempting. I have a lot of books... a lot of books. The cats are going a little nuts... all of them think it is an adventure... except Tess... she is stressed out about it all... She has moved with me a few times... and I wonder if she remembers. She is wanting to be with me a lot... and goes in the room with the boxes and cries. She will like the new place. I think all of the cats will like it. There will be some good places for them to look out the windows... I have been forewarned that there are neighborhood cats who may want to come visit... they can look in, but no coming in... my girls would kick their butts... Oh well.

I am getting ready to go visit one of my friends for dinner. I haven't been to her house before. It should be fun. She and I went to college together, had stayed in touch for a little while after that... then lost touch... last year she got hired to work at my school and while we have had a few chances to visit, it seems life has been hectic for both of us... we were talking the other day about how carefree we were in college... our biggest worry was whether our professors were in a good mood and how hard our exams would be... tough stuff? I don't think so... Life changes... fast.

My knee is a little sore today... I don't think it is from the gym... but from doing a lot around here... so I am trying to sit as much as I can when packing, but that is not very efficient. I will post some pics soon, of the room 'o boxes. ahhhhhhhhh... thank goodness for Aleve!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place