4/03/2008

Milestone...

Ahhhh... what a day... I worked... I went to the gym... and I did a MILE on the elliptical machine. A MILE!!! A mile a mile a mile.... yahoo yahoo yahooo!!! I have not done a mile on the elliptical machine in sooooooooooooo long... It felt good... granted it took me a while... 16 minutes and 36 seconds to be exact, but I consciously went at a slower pace hoping I could get some more distance. I also did some stretching and 2 miles on the bike.. slowly. My knee has been a little swollen today, before the elliptical milestone... but I think it's form doign a lot of packing and moving boxes around at my apartment. And.... I SIGNED a LEASE today. Yup! It's official. I have a place to live... a place to live, a place to live.. yahoo yahoo... ok.. lots of dancing and yahooing today...

though... I wish my mom could read my blog today... she would smile... She's not up for reading blogs lately because sitting at the computer is so uncomfortable.... Hopefully soon, she will feel up to it... But I will call her tonight and let her know of the good news...

I hope my knee is okay tomorrow... I am thinking of going for a nice work after work tomorrow... weather permitting.

1 comment:

Maineman said...

Nice! Way to go TallGal. You are having a very good April so far. Definitely not an April fool's joke. There are probably a lot more good days ahead for you too, since spring is your favorite time of year. I'll bet that signing the dotted line, or any line for your lease had to be a great feeling. In your last post you said you are not homeless LOL Well even though you found a place a lot sooner than you probably expected, I'm sure that you wouldn't be out on the streets. Too many people care about you. I had that feeling once and realized that there will be a place found or I will be with family or friends before I live under a bridge or in an alley LOL And it is the very place that I'm in right now, and I still look around and feel so glad to have found a place that I love to come home to. Congratulations to you again! And good luck with the move too.

And your milestone is just that. That has to be a great feeling for you. There are people who never have had knee problems or PVNS, who couldn't do a mile. Nice going. Good news will be good for your mom to hear as well. Your inspiration and determination continues to add to your amazing story! And the positive results from your recovery has to give hope to others who are here reading. Sounds like you are on a roll. The Planet of Fortune and the Stars that shine good luck are out there LOL :-) Have a good day.
Maineman

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place