4/04/2008

Good and Bad...



This cleaning..packing... stuff is good for me. I am also getting rid of a lot of stuff. It isn't easy though... Yesterday I made a hard decision... I donated my alto saxophone to the music department in the school where I teach.. with the stipulation that it be given to a student who wants to play but perhaps cannot afford it. The band teacher said it was in great shape, considering its age... It had belonged to a family friend when my parents bought it for me. And I was very surprised at how hard it was to give it away. I haven't played it in years and have moved it with me for years... thought about picking it up again, but... just haven't had time... but I loved band... loved the connections I had to other people in the band... some of my closest friends in high school.... I love it... I transitioned from the alto sax to the baritone sax in jr. high... which my dad loved because it was even louder than the alto! He made me practice outside when weather permitted... to share the foghorn with the whole neighborhood.

Tomorrow I am selling my entertainment center. This is hard too... because it was the first REAL piece of furniture I bought for myself. I had to put it together but I did it... and did a fine job I might add... and it is nice... so much storage... but... it is huge... too big for me to be moving alone and too big for my new place really...so... I am selling it... to a family... and they loved the pictures of it, so I hope they use it well. I am also selling a few other things and giving some other things away for free... I think that the money I make from selling things might get used to hire a moving company... I do not want to regress in the progress I have made with my knee and also don't want to have to burden friends...though people have offered their help. But I think that the way I am packing will make it efficient. Plus... my current place and my new place are not far apart, so if I use a company that charges by the hour...I won't have to pay much for travel time. We'll see... Maybe just for the big stuff... we'll see.

Decisions decisions....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place