6/09/2009

Zumba and MRI results...

I am just getting home from another Zumba class (Debbie and Suellen came too! Good job girls!)... I took it a little easy in the class, as much as I could... because my knee was a little stiff tonight... but part of that may be psychological...I stopped earlier today at the place where I had my MRI and got a copy of the written report. (because I don't trust that the report will get there on its own) The report might as well be written in German, because I can't read it/understand it.

I think it says... there are some irregularities within the synovium (tissue that lines the knee) but it is not clear if that is due to post surgery scar tissue or due to recurrent disease... [Mental note: last year's report stated there was a cyst - about which I was a little freaked out...and it turned out to be scar tissue from surgery...] The report continues to state that there is another abnormal area where there is somewhat nodular tissue...there is no evidence of bone erosion (YAY!) There is some cystic change ... whatever that means... It also says something about my menisci... there is no obvious tear (YAY) but they are not well elevated.... not sure what that means either...cruciate and collateral ligaments are good (yay) some degeneration is evident...(this could be the arthritis that I know had started from previous visits in Boston) The last line says recurrent disease would not be excluded... Hmph... what does all this mean?? I suppose I will have to wait and see... the report gives me more questions than answers... I will be ok... if there was something major happening I would not be able to be as active as I have been... right? Right... I hope....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place