6/04/2009

A second post today...

I went to Zumba again... One of my friends was supposed to go with me... and truth be told had she not planned on coming, I don't think I would have felt like going tonight... but... I did not hit the gym after school because I had planned on doing Zumba... my friend called me to let me know that she wasn't up for going to Zumba, she wasn't feeling well and had a long day at work... so I was happy she was taking care of her mental health... and admit I thought it was a way to let myself off the Zumba hook... but... I had told myself I was going to go... and I was going to be more able to keep up... and needed to push myself... so I went. I got there about a half hour before the class... and even though one would think I had learned my lesson on Tuesday, I decided to do a little weight training with my arms... not many reps... but a few... just to let my arms know that they were not off the hook either... then I did 20 minutes on the bike.... which was 7 miles... (soooo not realistic!) then I did Zumba... and I did better than Tuesday... there were some of the same people there and some new faces...(new to me) and there were a couple of people who had not done it before... and we all did well... we kept moving... I was sweating like crazy and even though I opted for the lower impact version of most of the moves, I did it... I moved... and I burned calories. And... I am pushing myself beyond my typical comfort zone... going to a class like that solo... is not easy... but tonight was easier than Tuesday... This fitness thing...taking care of myself... truly is something I need to do for myself... I love having my friends involved whenever possible, but I can't depend on that for my motivation... On my way out of the gym the instructor was still there picking up her things and I stopped in to tell her I was enjoying the class and told her that even though I may look lost, I am ok with that... she chuckled and said she figured because I came back I liked it, at least a little.... she said no matter what just move your body...zumba is fun above all else. I like that... fun... and challenging...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place