6/13/2009

AMAZING Day!

My day began with sleeping in... ahhh... woke up with the cats all around me... then Sara caled... she was on her way to meet up... we had plans to go run/ride back bay... so we loaded up my bike so I could ride while she walked. (Last year we tried this and I couldn't keep up with her because I was so slow on my bike!) We planned to meet back at the parking area and we were off... We started and I got ahead of her...it was a busy place today... there was a pet walk, so there were peple and canines everywhere! Along my rie I ran into Debbie and her son. I knew they were going to be there, but wasn't sure if we would cross paths. She and her son did their first bike ride outside of their neighborhood today. GREAT JOB! I ended up going around twice... for a total of 7 miles. Then Sara and I headed to her ouse where we got in ou kayaks and went out on her pond for about 2.5 hours. We had a great time... we saw all kind of critters.. geese...loons... ducks... little turtles...and a ginormous turtle that tried to eat us! Okay maybe not, but... we were kayaking kind of next to one another and I told her to look out for the stump that was sticking up... I said I thought it might be a turtle but is has stayed up to long and that we should't hit it... about the time we were each on one side of the stump, it went under water fast and we both were startled... and that stump turning out to be the nose, was attaced to a huge turtle... HUGE! To funny... now we are hanging out for the evening... god day... VERY god day... Mom's kayak had its maiden voyage outside of the river it is used to.... it still floated...and I think was hapy to be back exploring a waterway!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place