6/08/2009

A Peaceful Moment

I had a moment today that I haven't experienced in a long time. I was riding my bike... I had already been to the gym today, but felt like going for a recreational ride... so I left my house and rode along a path that follow the river...there was a moment when there were no other people in the immediate vicinity and I looked through the trees into the river and I felt peaceful...it reminded me of the many moments I have had, with mom, in our kayaks... I looked at how the sun was shining on the water and on the trees, how it changed the colors of the leafs and created shadows... it felt familiar, calming. It was short lived as I approached other people, but it was there... a moment... and it makes me feel like there will be many moments of peace... life has been so tumultuous in the last few years...that moments of being centered, where my mind is at peace and I can enjoy being.... have been rare... but I found that tonight... and look forward to more.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place