6/11/2009

Long Week

This week has lasted forever! I think it's a combination of the weather, having a lot to do at work...and... it being so close to summer vacation... but tomorrow is Friday! I did not work out yesterday... I planned to take the day off... and it was hard, really hard. I found myself having a lot of anxiety last night and struggled to calm myself down... So am I working out to meet a goal of being healthy, or am I working out to escape from the anxiety? Both... I think... it's hard. I guess fitness is a better way to cope with emotions instead of other vices like drinking or overeating... but... I also want my fitness to be part of a healthy lifestyle... and don't want to overdo it... just food for thought...

I did not go to Zumba tonight... instead I went to a dinner to celebrate the graduation from pre-school for the daughter of one of my friends... it was a nice gathering... but I admit I was thinking of Zumba while at dinner. I made some good choices at dinner... more unhealthy than cooking at home, but I did well... even refused the cookie cake that was brought for dessert... when I got home I decided to go swimming... and I am glad I did... it is the last night that the pool I use is open for the summer... so I tread (is that the proper past tense of tread? treaded? anyway...) I treaded water for 40 minutes and feel better about being active today... my head is a little quieter tonight....

I am thinking a lot about my friends tonight... Jill in Ca... and Deb here... lots going on for them both... love you guys!

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Love ya too! Thanks for the great talk!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place