6/07/2009

What is Zumba?

I am home...after a good weekend with Dad. The weekend went by fast. Today we went to one of my aunt's houses and had a good time. My uncle asked me, "What is this Zumba thing?" Since I was not about to break into my Zumba dance moves in Aunt Donna's kitchen, I referred him to Youtube... but that was new territory for him so I said I would find a 'safe' youtube video and post a link... so here it is. Click Here for the zumba video... I chose this one because the first part of the routine IS part of the routine I do at my new gym... and it is a lot of fun. The video is a good representation of the kind of Zumba class I have been doing... the video is 9 minutes, but the class I take is an hour... and all this fast, upbeat music...I also like this video because it shows people taking the class who have varying abilities... the woman in the green shirt in the back... that was me at first... now I am closer to the taller lady in the black, kind of in the center... I can keep up with most of the moves, but modify them a little and also don't have that Latin flair... yet... I do the moves on a very basic level, but don't feel comfortable enough with them yet to add any kind of style or facial expression other than concentration.... but it will come... I am nowhere near being able to move my body like the instructor...not sure this body will ever move like that... but it is a lot of fun... so this video is not exactly what my class is... it is similar... It is a great workout! Fun!

It was great having lunch with my family today. Leaving my aunt's house was a bit emotional, saying goodbye to dad... not sure if he felt that way, but I did... tried to do a quick getaway... but driving off with mom's kayak... was tough... like I said... in some way I am sure it feels like another piece of mom is leaving.... and I hate that for him...

I stopped on my way home... to pick up a few things at Walmart... including a new lock system for my bike that will make it easier to secure to my bike rack... and across from the Walmart was a restaurant that is well known for its huge desserts...and whose motto is...eat dessert first... and I was craving something sweet... and I gave into that craving and bought something called the 'sinful square.' Just as its name would indicate, this bar had it all... chocolate, sugar... coconut....on some kind of graham cracker crust... I was kind of upset with myself for giving in, but promised myself I wouldn't eat it all.... and am proud to say I didn't eat it all... less than half actually... it was almost too sweet for me. WHOA... yes... too sweet... so maybe the way I have been eating and exercising is changing what tastes good... I can live with that.

Anyway.. I am tired... and off to bed... but wanted to post the zumba link. Hope it works.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place