11/01/2008

A day of work, time with friends, magic, and ..the road runner?

Ok... So today was quite a day... I worked on the turnpike today and it was an ok day... nothing big... then I came home and got together with my friends Kris and Sue. We had dinner at Sue's then went in town to have a girls' night out. We landed at one of our favorite places... the place where Sara and I have had many adventures... and while it seemed that the night was going to be low key... events began unfolding... and we had a blast.

We sat at the end of a table already occupied by a few guys...but they are not important characters in this story. As we were sitting two guys pulled bar stools (the twisting kind) over near where we were seated... one of the guys started spinning in his chair and somehow we ended up in conversation... I thought that they were going to beat me at my own game of making up stories about themselves....(I may have once told someone that I was a championship log roller... or maybe a lawn tractor race champ....) because they told us that they were magicians...they said that they do a weekly show and also do other entertaining like make balloon figures... in fact one of them had created a five foot tall road runner being ridden by Wile E. Coyote. So... in believing they were BSing us... I was about to tell them I was an acrobat, they started to show us a magic trick.

AS it turns out these two were magicians... the balloon artist/magician asked me if I had a 5 foot tall road runner balloon, if I would walk through the bar carrying it as I left... I said that I was... because it really would not create any more of a scene than I do walking by myself... (because of my height... plus tonight I was wearing my heels!) I was sitting down at the time so had to explain a little to them... but anyway... while the other guy was showing us these amazing card tricks, the balloon man left and returned with the balloon figure. OMG... this thing is awesome... and he gave it to me.

How cool is that... here is a picture of me with the balloon figure...

It was fun... several people came over to ask about the road runner and people were pretty jealous that it had been given to me. I heard the guy say that if he had made it for a party or something, he would charge $75 for it!!! Whoa!! So... we had some fun with them and their tricks and I got their cards because they say that they have some magic tricks that I could use to teach math.. how cool is that? SO when we left.. the bar had become very crowded... very... so much so that in order to get the road runner out of there, I had to hold it up over my head... (If you think this didn't get attention, you are nuts!) And... while holding the road runner over my head and walking through the crowded bar... I felt like I was at the Macy's Day Parade with one of those giant balloons!

I am also posting a pic that I took with the camera tonight using the timer to show you just how tall this thing is... compared to me... so that you get an idea of what I would look like carrying this thing through a crowded bar... Trust me, you need the visual!

Oh my goodness... we had some good laughs... good times!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place