11/08/2008

Ahhh.... the gym...

So my goal last week was to get to the gym four mornings... I made it three times in the morning before work... not too bad. I didn't go yesterday because after staying home I felt like it would not be right to go out and work out... I just got home from there today. My friend/neighbor came with me. I had a great workout. I warmed up for 10 minutes on the bike, then stretched, then did my legs on the weight machines. I increased the weight on one of the machines and increased the reps on some of the others. It was good... I had to work hard! Then I did some squats and back extensions, then back to the bike for a cardio workout. I sat down on one of the recumbent bikes, like the one in the picture... and there was a man a couple bikes away from me... and after I got started I found myself looking at his screen to See how fast he was pedalling, how far he had gone, etc... and decided I wanted to compete with him... he was older than me... probably late 40's or so.. .in decent shape and he was going at a good pace... so I decided to catch up to him, even though he was about 3 minutes ahead of me... I think he noticed what I was doing and he began going faster... then I went faster and then we were going at about the same speed. I admit I got tired, but was determined he would quit before I did... (Of course that is subjective because when you start a program on the bikes you set the amount of time you want to go...and I had no idea how long he had set his time for...) After 21 minutes I was at 7.4 miles ... he was at 24 minutes had gone 8.6 miles.. So I pedalled like crazy...and when he got to 25 minutes he stopped... what?? that means I had to make sure that I was ahead of him at 24 minutes... and I was... I got to 8.7 miles! Oh yeah! Take that older guy! Ha ha ha... so.. it's not about beating him... well... not completely... it was about going fast and getting a great workout. It was good.

Now I am going to eat a healthy lunch, then get ready to head to work. Hope you are all doing something to take care of yourselves today!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place