11/18/2008

Cheers!

This is my friend Sue and I at one of our favorite local spots... we were out with some of our friends, Sheila and Jim. We were out to celebrate the completion of a class that Sheila had finished recently. It was fun. We have a good time there, at that restaurant. It is a Mexican restaurant and the men who work there refer to themselves as The Mexicans... so if I refer to them in that way it is because they have referred to themselves in that way... They are fun... and somehow I have earned some kind honor there... they enjoy my height... love to ask for/receive hugs and no matter how many times I go there, they are equally impressed. Last time I was there they asked to take my picture with a few of the waiters to send home to Mexico to show their families. I didn't mind.. but tonight I took my camera to repay the favor. However the one shot of me and one of them is very blurry... but I will post it anyway... they love it... it'e entertaining. Plus... the margaritas are magical... I am not kidding. They are powerful.... in many ways... It's good to be within walking distance of a place like that.

Anyway... life has been a little strange for me lately... I have been in some kind of funk... the kind where I can't even really identify it... sometimes I have felt lonely... and selfish for some of the thoughts that I have had... I know life is about perspective and choosing your attitude.. blah blah blah... I do believe in that.. but.. I have to say that... it's hard... and I am just gonna put it out there... sometimes it sucks to be single. Shit happens and who do I got? Really...

I have people in my life, yes... but... all the people I got... have other people too... I'm nobody's number 1. I want to be somebody's number 1. Bottom line. And...for the record... this is not a topic for a live discussion, period... it's just been in my head and I needed it out of my head...

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the people I have in my life. I am blessed to have them. But... there is still something missing...

Anyway...in other news...

Today was the first meeting for the team that I coach. We met briefly after school with the girls who are interested in participating on the track team. The numbers were less impressive than we had hoped, but... maybe we can recruit a few more by the time the season officially begins. I am looking forward to it. It was nice to see the girls who are returning for another season and it was nice that they were excited to see me. I teach at a middle school and coach at the high school, so I get to coach kids that I don't see throughout the day. (I do coach middle school too, but not this season.)

Cheers...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place