11/07/2008

School Pictures & Turkey

I did not go to work today. Nope. I was lazy. I called in sick, stayed home, slept in, went to physical therapy, then went shopping to buy in bulk. (cat food, chicken, etc.) I actually didn't feel great today. It's one of those days where I feel like I am coming down with something... stuffy...headachy... and believe that a day of rest today will help me stay well. We'll see if it works. This is a picture of Lucy. The other day she was trying to get my attention as I was getting ready to go somewhere and the next thing I knew she was on top of the refrigerator. She is so cute! I am also including a picture of my school picture... the quality is not great because it is a picture of a picture, but I am actually not unhappy with my picture this year. If this was of better quality, I may put it on here as my primary picture... but... it isn't great. So I haven't found a good picture of myself that I want to use at the top of the page here.

I have had several new emails in the last week or so, from more people suffering with PVNS or who have family members who are suffering with PVNS. Once again, I am hearing that people are so scared by what they are finding online. I am not saying that I will never deal with PVNS again...I AM saying that right now, I feel good, and am PVNS free... and I am more cognisant of my body and how it feels.

I had physical therapy today for the pain I have been having in my foot... it is unrelated to PVNS... mostly... but they did say today at PT that chances are having knee problems exacerbated my feet problems, just as feet problems exacerbate knee problems.... so... if I have any advice for those of us who are recovered/recovering from or who are facing/dealing with PVNS, it's this... do not hesitate to go to the doctor. For anything. It's real... it is not in our heads... and if the doctor makes you feel otherwise... go to another doctor. Period.

I am working tomorrow... and need to go grocery shopping...for the non bulk items.

Oh yeah... I got a gift yesterday... from the turnpike...





















They gave me a gift certificate for $25 towards a turkey for Thanksgiving. How nice is that? I will be taking the turkey up to my parents house for us all to enjoy while we are there visiting. (I will need help cooking it... never have cooked one...get ready mom and dad!)

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place