6/08/2008

Sunny Summer Day


It was a gorgeous day yesterday! Absolutely beautiful. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to enjoy it because I was pretty sick on Friday. I left work early after waking up with a cold that made me feel like I had been hit by a bus. But... I did something I don't often do.. I took cold medicine...and I think it helped. So... as a result, I was able to rally and follow through with my plans. I went to a cook out at the house of one of my co-workers. It is a beautiful home, steps away from the ocean. A few people from work had gathered to celebrate that another coworker/friend had finally sold her house. Yahoo! Following the bbq, a few of us headed in town to watch a baseball game - my first of the season. It was great because the game started around 6 and the sun was on its way down. I did need a sweatshirt, but it was fine. It ended up being only 4 of us at the game. Two women, two men. It was nice to go out with guys and not have the dating nerves... I mean usually when I go on a date... not that I do that often, but when I do, I am myself. I don't try to be or act in certain ways... I just am me. Even so, there is some nervousness with dating. Last night it was so relaxed...I really had fun.

Today I am doing something I have never done before. I am excited and nervous. I will be volunteering at a homeless shelter, serving lunch. Why be nervous about that? Because it is something new, and I am not sure of what my role will be.

From there, if the timing is right, I am going to try to go to a place where one of my favorite artists will be today. I would love for her to sign a print that I want to get framed for my apartment. It would be great to have her signature on it. Not sure why we put value into autographs, but it would be great to meet her.

It is going to be hot today... and I am hoping to maybe make it to the ocean later today... we'll see.

My internet connection at home... is no longer in existence... darn. So.. my blogging will have to be from remote locations for a while. My upstairs neighbor and I are considering pooling funds for internet... eek. Maybe I should just visit free wi-fi and pretend to be like Matt Lauer (spelling?) You know, on the today show, where they play, where in the world is... Matt Lauer? We could play, where in the cyberworld is TallGal?

BREAKING NEWS..... Today my parents are heading up to their camper!!! They are unsure if they will be there for an hour, three hours, or five days... it will totally depend on how mom is feeling. I am sooooooooo happy they are going, and keep my fingers crossed that it goes well so that they don't get discouraged and will want to try it again!

Later!

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

I was wondering where you had been! I almost had to call you! (I know how you hate that...haha) Anyway, good to see that you are still around...even though it sucks about the whole internet thing. Great news to hear that your Mom and Dad are on there way to the mountain. Talk soon.... Any news on a class reunion yet?

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place