6/02/2008

Cock a doodle dooooo!

My alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. And I listened to it, wondering what the hell was going on. Then I remembered that I committed to going to the gym this morning... so naturally I hit the snooze button. But I did get up, and did go to the gym... was there by 5:30 and did 8 miles on the bike in 30 minutes and increassed the resistance so that I can try to strengthen my quad... It felt good and I could tell I had worked out as the day progressed... well combined with yesterdays walk and short bike ride. I also did a few of the PT exercises for my knee that I really should do daily. I thought about going for a walk tonight, just a short walk.. .just to try to start and end my day with something healthy. But... I am not sure if I should or not. I also have some paperwork to do tonight, so I may have to just wait and go in the morning. I also went grocery shopping today and bought healthy food... Yep... doing the healthy thing again... lower carb, balance of fruit veggies and protein... and am in the process of cooking some chicken so that I can make some chicken salad. (Adding some dried cranberries and pecans to the mix!) That will be used for lunches this week.

The morning was nice... peaceful. I thought that it would be nice to walk the beach that early one day... maybe I will have to do that someday soon... How cool would that be... to walk the beach at 5:30 in the morning and then go to work... what a different day that would be... ahhhh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lola would not be able to pull herself away from the beach and make it to work. lola would have to be "sick" from work that day.

oh, who are we kidding. lola doesn't "do" 5:30 a.m. but the idea of being at the beach to start the day sounds brilliant!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place