6/23/2008

MRI news... Kind of...

So... I contacted my dr.'s office about the results of my MRI... and it shouldn't be a surprise that they had not yet received anything from my MRI... ??? not a surprise because it seems like in order to get medical communication done correctly the patient has to do all the legwork... no pun intended... legwork..knee... anyway... So.. I called the place that did my MRI and asked them to forward a copy of the report AND the images to my dr and the woman I spoke with was sweet and told me everything would be sent out today. Great. I hung up and thought to myself... do I trust that? Nope. I called her back and asked if I could have an additional copy for my personal records... the report and the cd with the images. She agreed and I picked them up today. The results... are a bit confusing and I hope I get clarification soon... it has terms like... mild degenerative irregular catilage thinning...joint effusion...multiloculated cyst...posterior horn...miniscus and popliteus tendon... so... from that I get that there is a small cyst somewhere in my knee... and of course I wonder if it is a tumor of some kind....BUT... it also says... No nodular masses or focal areas of decreased signal are seen within the joint to suggest PVNS or hemosiderin deposition... So does that mean there is not PVNS? In the conclusion or impression it says... no bovious change of PVNS... so I wonder if something isn't present it can't change... so is it present? Ahhhhhh... I don't know... It has been on my mind a lot this afternoon... more questions than answers at this point... ahhhhh why do I google things... I just googled some of those words and found that sometimes PVNS can present as popliteus cysts... ... so I am going to stop googling.. and wait... another surgery.. no no no no no... I'm fine fine fine fine fine...... soo.. we'll see...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place