6/18/2008

2 days...

2 more days until summer vacation. I am excited. I am done with my paperwork for the year... phew... I am a little overwhelmed with the moving process at work. People who are further ahead in the process keep showing up in my classroom... some with math materials I will need next year and others who need computer help... ahh... come on people.. I just want to get MY stuff done... but I understand that's how we are all feeling. Tomorrow I am going to make the kids work.. help me move stuff from my room into my new room... that should speed up the process for sure. Then I should only need to move my desk and file cabinets and decorations. It should be nice.

No word from my doc in Boston yet... I would love an email that said... congratulations... you are PVNS free! When I talked to my primary care doc... or her assistant the other day... I asked her if it had come back normal... she said there was a note about the incisions... and something about a tear... not sure what that means... but it didn't sound significant. Fingers crossed.

With the year winding up I am finding that I have more time to think... a lot of my thoughts have been about work... there have been a lot of changes made for next year. I think it will benefit the kids, but not everyone sees it that way. Some people are feeling targeted or punished... people are down right rude too...adults... talking about each other as if we were the students. Get over it people. enough is enough. When I look back at this school year it is hard to believe that I began the year on crutches...with my bell... and it took some time before I was crutch free... My grandmother died after a harrowing battle with cancer... and my mom was diagnosed with kidney cancer... yet... work... well.. dare I say that it may be the highlight of the year... that and getting rid of the crutches for good... but I really feel gratified this year, work wise. I was able to focus on one subject and was able to really help kids understand the processes of math. Some of the students I had this year will also be in my class next year. I will be excited to see what they remember. When the year ends I have high hopes of doing a lot of school work over the summer... but then once summer starts... I am all about summer... I have sent out a letter already... to the parents of the kids I will have next year... intoroducing myself and letting them know I will call them in August and invite them into my classroom before school begins.

I am feeling kind of blah today... it may be a side effect of staying up until 1:00 a.m. cheering for the Celtics and watching some of their celebrations. I also had to call and harass one of my friends who lives in LA and is a big lakers fan... ha ha ha..... All I can say.. is that it's a good thing Kobe wore waterproof mascara... that way his girly face wasn't covered with black tear stains from all his crying! He really is a pretty woman.

oh well...

1 comment:

Maineman said...

It's amazing how much can happen in one year. Soon you'll get that well deserved summer vacation. Math materials and computer help kind of catches my attention for good reason :-) With 2 days left of school, it's great to see that you're finishing the year without the crutches, and doing it with such gratification for your work. You should be proud of yourself. Enjoy and have lots of fun during your summer break.

Celtics...Sweet 17!
World Champions!!!
Yeah that was fun wasn't it? I didn't think we'd see the obliteration that we did. It was fun to see Kobe Bryant with his girly face. Yeah, he sure is pretty..ha ha ha! After game 4 he needed some Beers and wine and about 20 shots of Whiskey. After game 6, he needed therapy, a pink skirt some Vodka, Rum, and Scotch. No Champagne though...that's for the World Champion Celtics! Fun year :-)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place